System on Wifi but I have ethernet

mrbilky

So I just installed speed test last night and its apparent that my box is using the pre installed wifi over my ethernet connection I'm only getting 8 down and 10 up, I am paying for gigabit service through Verizon any idea where I would correct this? The bios maybe? Router?

I'm not sure what makes you think unRAID is using WiFi?  unRAID doesn't have native support for WiFi, only hard wired connections.  If you are seeing that access to/from your server is slow, check the LAN cable and connections to make sure you have gigabyte access from your unRAID server to your router.

6 hours ago, mrbilky said:

Oh wow didn't know that will have to dig deeper the performance should be much higher not sure whats going on then the cable was new out of the box will check the connectors maybe there is some issue there

Thank you for the advice found the issue I know it sounds straight forward but I initially thought I fried my mobo when I tried a cheap cable for putting the flash drive internally in my box so I didn't consider a connection issue just my stupid mistake:

homeNAS:SpeedtestTools.pdf

Archived