[solved] Odd issue with User Scripts

Guetto

Unraid v 6.3.5

User Scripts Version: 2017.06.02

I am using the User Scripts plugin (and have for a while now), and just yesterday afternoon started getting a few odd issues with it.

1. For running or already run scripts there is no option to see the logs (I only see the icon to delete the logs).
  2. If I try to change the schedule of anything (in particular my Mover script), it doesn't register/apply when clicking the "Apply" button.
  3. When I hover my cursor over a specific script name  to edit ("Upload to Grv & Secure (Music)") the normal popup with the "Edit Name", "Edit Description", "Edit Script" or "Delete Script" does not appear (I can edit/change/delete all other scripts than this one).

What I've tried so far to fix this: Checking for a User Scripts update, restarting my server, deleting and re-installing the User Scripts plugin, upgrading to a pre-release (6.4.0-rc8q), and downgrading back to 6..5 when the pre-release didn't work. Lastly, the Fix Common Problems plugin has not found any issues.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Capture.PNG

tower-diagnostics-20170912-0853.zip

Edited by Guetto

Sorry I forgot to put that in my original post. This issue happens on both Google Chrome v. 61.0.3163.76 and MS Edge 40.15063.0.0

Ok, so I may have just found where the issue is coming from. For some reason for the Show Log, and Download Log buttons the style in the webGUI is set to: "style='display:none;cursor:pointer'"

When I remove the Display:none; (such as what I did with RcloneMountGDrive), you can see the log button re-appears temporarily

Capture2.PNG

Edited by Guetto

Yes, the errors (all appear to be a duplicate - 1000+ and counting) are: (it comes from Line 4 Column 12556

Uncaught Error: Syntax error, unrecognized expression: #trashUploadtoGrv&Secure(Music)
    at Function.fa.error (dynamix.js?v=1493918288:4)
    at fa.tokenize (dynamix.js?v=1493918288:4)
    at fa.select (dynamix.js?v=1493918288:4)
    at Function.fa [as find] (dynamix.js?v=1493918288:4)
    at n.fn.init.find (dynamix.js?v=1493918288:4)
    at new n.fn.init (dynamix.js?v=1493918288:4)
    at n (dynamix.js?v=1493918288:4)
    at eval (eval at globalEval (dynamix.js?v=1493918288:4), <anonymous>:1:369)
    at eval (<anonymous>)
    at Function.globalEval (dynamix.js?v=1493918288:4) 

Which is the last script I tried to add (I was never able to edit/delete that script). Please see the attached image of the errors, and where they lead to in the page js.

Capture3.PNG

Was about to say that its dynamix / jquery that's messed up, but there's an easy fix for you.  On the flash drive /config/plugins/user.scripts/scripts, rename the folder trashuploadtoGrv&music and get rid of the ampersand.  Everything will probably start working again.  I'll have to issue an update to handle the illegal character  (looks like theres two folders present that have the & in the name)

EDIT: Get rid of the brackets also.

Edited by Squid
  • Like 1

Squid, you are my hero - that fixed it for me (the other script that had the ampersand in the name was originally named something different and the file for it  in user.scripts/scripts/ doesn't contain the ampersand - which is why I never had that issue before. 

Thanks for the great plugin and troubleshooting when an idiot like me breaks it.

• Guetto changed the title to [solved] Odd issue with User Scripts
  • 6 years later...

Hi squid, I had a similar problem and after reading this post and about the special or invalid characters, I found after ending the one script I wanted to add with and exclamation mark (!) that kills my user script updating or doing anything to it...   I removed the "!" from the end of the name of this script on the flash drive, restarted the userscript option and viola! It worked...

Is there any way to add this to the script plugin to not break on special characters like you said you may do in this post? I am sure it will happen again to me and probably someone else as well! Many thanks.!

image.png.7ffd2275e55940738652de790ecf84c1.png