(SOLVED) UnRaid GUI not responding. But Disks, Dockers, VM's work fine

Kewjoe

I was performing a Parity Rebuild due to my Red X issue:

I went to bed last night at 1:30am with everything working fine. Woke up this morning and my GUI is unresponsive. I tried via different browsers and also through my phone using the ControlR plugin. None of them work. However, drives are working fine, dockers are all up and running and my VM (where I'm typing this from) is working as well. I am unsure if the parity rebuild finished, so I don't want to reboot or anything. Any other way to get the GUI back? or at least any way to check if the parity sync was successful so I can reboot if needed?

I attached diagnostics. You can see early this morning I was working until 1:27am with a USB drive (the faulty red X drive from above, which is why there are some errors there). at 4:40am Fix Common Problems ran and the UPS daemon restarted (not sure if this is normal?) That's it. Any ideas?

ganymede-diagnostics-20170924-0908.zip

Edited by Kewjoe
7 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

system/vars.txt

[mdResyncAction] => recon P

And there's still a lot to go:

[mdResync] => 3907018532
[mdResyncPos] => 1264450600

Array size is 4TB and it's only up to 1.2TB.

There's something else reading the parity disk, considerably slowing down the sync, any ideas what?

Can't think of anything that should be reading the parity disk. I disabled the mover until the sync was done. All my shares have cache enabled and nothing is currently writing that i can see.  The estimated time was 12 hours for the sync and it's well past that, so something is definitely going on.

I assume there is no easy way to get the GUI back without a reboot at this point?

It's strange because I can't think of anything that would explain those reads, but it's what the stats show, it was reading at ~50MB/s and writing (syncing parity) at ~30MB/s.

All other data disks are reading at ~30MB/s, that normal, they should be reading at the same speed as the parity is writing, and the cache disk was writing @ 110MB/s

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

It's strange because I can't think of anything that would explain those reads, but it's what the stats show, it was reading at ~50MB/s and writing (syncing parity) at ~30MB/s.

All other data disks are reading at ~30MB/s, that normal, they should be reading at the same speed as the parity is writing, and the cache disk was writing @ 110MB/s

Strange, not sure what's going on. I repulled a diagnostics and it's progressing, now at [mdResyncPos] => 1442967304. I'll keep monitoring things in the meantime and wait for it to finish. I'll see what I can disable in the meantime to see if i can stop the excessive reading.

• 1 year later...