Not sure what I did but I cannot get the server to boot.

I was a fool and shutdown before getting an error log. I now know not to do that in the future.

I was also in kind of a panic and shut it down very incorrectly (I pushed the button...) and now when it boots I just get either "End trace" then some hexadecimal numbers. Or "kernel-panic-not-syncing-vfs-unable-to-mount-root-fs-on-unknown-block-0-0".

I have no idea what I did or how this happened other than just using it as a network drive for various purposes. (Media files, backups, general place to put files I'm not sure where to put yet.)

How bad did I mess this up and what steps can I take to resolve this? I'm willing to try just about anything and I'm also willing to stay up all night if I have to.

Edited by Paravane

So while searching around I felt I needed to get you guys some kind of log. So I planned on recording the boot screen with a monitor plugged in with 60fps so maybe something in there might help... Well it booted just fine and is running and it's not showing any errors other than unclean shutdown. So I'm not sure why it decided to lock up. Maybe it needs to be rebooted more than once a month. Idk. 

Thank you guys for your help I guess. :D

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

This is not related to your boot problem but are you aware you're running the array with a disabled disk?

I am. It's the whole reason I had to shut it down. I'm putting in a replacement for a bad drive. 

However now I'm getting a lzma data is corrupt. Error... 

OK I accidentally switched the switch on the flash drive. I'm no longer getting the lzma issue. But now it is saying " Kernel Panic not syncing VFS unable to mount root FS on unknown block 0,0"

Im terrified of rebuilding my flash. I have a lot of stuff on here. And 3 servers tied to one of the shares. 

Edit: I Miss read that the first time. So I replaced all the bz files and I actually got it to boot but it look like there was a lot of Errors while it was booting. How would I go about checking to make sure there's no errors on the next boot?

Edited by Paravane
14 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

No problem, forgot to say, copy the complete config folder from the old flash drive except the old key file.

Don’t you need the old key file to be present to go through the process of transferring the license to the new USB stick?   I agree that once you have a new key file it is a good idea to remove the old one.