mapping unraid server B shares to unraid server A

xisplo

Hello!
In the past I had found a post regarding mapping shares on Server_A from Server_B via plugin. I was first looking into this when I noticed I was running out of usable space.
I wanted to build a secondary server (server_B) but have shares mapped to the other one (Server_A). Primarily for Media management (plex). I found a thread that mentioned a plugin that would do just that. I can no longer find such thread/forum entry. Since plugins are a thing of the past, or soon to be, what would be the ideal way to map shares on Server_A from Server_B. I'd rather it be software via ethernet.

Edited by xisplo

Plugins are not a thing of the past and not expected to be for certain purposes. This is one of those purposes.

What you need is the Unassigned Devices plugin. Not only will it let you use disks mounted outside the array, but it will also let you mount network shares from other computers.

1 minute ago, trurl said:

Plugins are not a thing of the past and not expected to be for certain purposes. This is one of those purposes.

What you need is the Unassigned Devices plugin. Not only will it let you use disks mounted outside the array, but it will also let you mount network shares from other computers.

Thank you! That is exactly the plugin I had found in the past.

On another note, I was under the impression the docker move was to phase out plugins. but if they are staying, better for me :)

Cheers!

5 minutes ago, xisplo said:

On another note, I was under the impression the docker move was to phase out plugins. but if they are staying, better for me :)

Plugins for applications are deprecated and should not be used. Code that adds functionality to the unRAID NAS or webUI must be done as plugins because they access unRAID features directly.

You definitely should not be using a plugin for plex, for example.