VM Pausing randomly

darrenyorston

I have started experiencing an issue with one of my VMs pausing for what seems to be random reasons.

I run PFSense as a VM and have been doing so for almost two years. It works great and I have never had a problem with it. However, starting today I have noted that my wifi has dissapeared and network drives are unavailable. When I look at my VMs in the unRAID control panel the PFSense VM is paused. When I select resume if continues to operate as intended however it will do the same thing at a later time.

If I click on the Log there seems to be a problem with unRAID producing a log file. There are only 16 lines of text and the wheels continues to spin in the top left corner of the window.

I am operating unRAID version 6.3.5

I had a problem with a Windows 10 VM pausing, until it was stuck on pause permanently. In my case the problem was lack of free space, there was free space but not enough evidently for what the VM liked or wanted. I had  move from a 250GB SSD to a 500GB SSD and that resolved the problem. Not sure if this has anything to do with your issue, but just putting it out there.

I have started experiencing an issue with one of my VMs pausing for what seems to be random reasons.

I run PFSense as a VM and have been doing so for almost two years. It works great and I have never had a problem with it. However, starting today I have noted that my wifi has dissapeared and network drives are unavailable. When I look at my VMs in the unRAID control panel the PFSense VM is paused. When I select resume if continues to operate as intended however it will do the same thing at a later time.

If I click on the Log there seems to be a problem with unRAID producing a log file. There are only 16 lines of text and the wheels continues to spin in the top left corner of the window.

I am operating unRAID version 6.3.5
It could be a few things. You could be running out space on your cache drive or wherever you store your vm's. I don't imagine PFSense having a sleep function but your vm could be going to sleep.

I had shut down down the server and moved a SATA power cable. When I restarted it said one of the SSDs was unmountable. I started the system in Maintenance mode and started the Check File System on the dosk. How long should it take on a 520GB SSD? Its been running about 14 hours now and the "btrfs check status:" just says "checking extents" with "Running" next to the Cancel button.

Archived