Plex has playback error

kthorpe88

So out of no where my plex stopped working. It no long will play any videos. The UI works and can see all the media in plex just can't play it. Also if I click server settings in plex ui it says the settings are unavailable. 

When I'm in the unraid ui, I click docker and try to remove the plex container it will give me an execution error! Then sometime it will remove it but then if I restart unraid it shows back up in the docker but still doesn't work.

Also I'm a noob at requesting help on this forum. So please bare with me and help me get you logs or something to maybe help you guys out more with my problem?

2 hours ago, SSD said:

Post diagnostics file. Also suggest running a memory test to rule that out.

I would love to post a log file but don't know how to do that.

I have not done a memory test, you saying to do memory test on mobo itself or through unraid? I have 8gb of ddr3 and I know I was always using 70% of the ram when everything ran good.

2 hours ago, Squid said:

Reboot usually solves this.  Occasionally a reinstall may be necessary.

I've been getting this lately also.  What version of unRaid are you running?

I'm running the latest version of unraid, I thought an update might fix the problem.

Also have done multiple reboots but nothing changes.

Also I have tried to delete the container but it won't let me. It just says execution error everytime I try to do anything with the container.

I would delete the Plex container then run CA cleanup AppData.I've had this happen before not too long ago. Somehow my Plex configuration got corrupted, I could see all my media in Plex but I would get an error like the media wasn't there. Actually, I switched to Linux server Plex from Limetech and never had it happen again but YMMV. 

6 hours ago, ucliker said:

I would delete the Plex container then run CA cleanup AppData.I've had this happen before not too long ago. Somehow my Plex configuration got corrupted, I could see all my media in Plex but I would get an error like the media wasn't there. Actually, I switched to Linux server Plex from Limetech and never had it happen again but YMMV. 

I can't when I go to remove the docker it says execution error and won't delete the docker.

29 minutes ago, tdallen said:

How important is your plex status information - watched, unwatched, etc.?  More drastic action may be necessary...

I don't care about that, just don't want to lose the data. I was just informed this morning that one of my friends that streams from my plex says he was watching stuff last night on plex? But I still can't through my account and the unraid still wont let me delete the container/docker.

Here are two more drastic approaches:

1. Stop Docker.  Delete the Docker image file.  Restart Docker, recreate the image file and reinstall your Docker containers as before - CA will help with this as it saves the templates from prior installs.  Warning - while this is pretty safe it does affect all containers, not just Plex.  The assumption behind this approach is that something is hosed in the Docker image/container, but the docker data is Ok.
  2. Stop Docker.  Delete the Docker image file.  Restart Docker, recreate the image file and reinstall the rest of your Docker containers as before - but don't reinstall Limetech Plex (you could, but this is a good opportunity to pick a more supported one).  Install a different Plex Docker (Linuxserver.io and Binhex are well supported) and use a different folder within appdata for the plex data directory (or rename the existing one).  This will result in an entirely new Plex installation.  You will then have to define your libraries to point at your media, and let Plex do the big library scan to reindex your media.  The assumption behind this is that something is hosed in either the container or the docker data, and you just need to blow away both.

3 hours ago, tdallen said:

Here are two more drastic approaches:

1. Stop Docker.  Delete the Docker image file.  Restart Docker, recreate the image file and reinstall your Docker containers as before - CA will help with this as it saves the templates from prior installs.  Warning - while this is pretty safe it does affect all containers, not just Plex.  The assumption behind this approach is that something is hosed in the Docker image/container, but the docker data is Ok.
  2. Stop Docker.  Delete the Docker image file.  Restart Docker, recreate the image file and reinstall the rest of your Docker containers as before - but don't reinstall Limetech Plex (you could, but this is a good opportunity to pick a more supported one).  Install a different Plex Docker (Linuxserver.io and Binhex are well supported) and use a different folder within appdata for the plex data directory (or rename the existing one).  This will result in an entirely new Plex installation.  You will then have to define your libraries to point at your media, and let Plex do the big library scan to reindex your media.  The assumption behind this is that something is hosed in either the container or the docker data, and you just need to blow away both.

I would like to go with option 2 at this point and use a different container. How do I stop the docker? I have only stopped the containers before, well when I was able to.

2 hours ago, tdallen said:

Settings -> Docker : Enable Docker = No and Apply

So I was able to stop the docker and delete image and start docker back up and Then I stopped the array and started it and then my containers showed back up in the docker. plex still doesn't work.

I don't know if it is actually deleting the image like it is supposed to?

Nov  9 18:29:01 NasThor shfs/user: err: shfs_create: open: /mnt/cache/appdata/PlexMediaServer/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Cache/ca.crt.tmp.XXJDN6Hb (30) Read-only file system

Your cache drive has been mounted read-only to prevent further corruption to it.  The root of all your problems.

TBH, I'd wait for @johnnie.black to pipe in as he's the expert on btrfs

Just now, Squid said:

Nov  9 18:29:01 NasThor shfs/user: err: shfs_create: open: /mnt/cache/appdata/PlexMediaServer/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Cache/ca.crt.tmp.XXJDN6Hb (30) Read-only file system

Your cache drive has been mounted read-only to prevent further corruption to it.  The root of all your problems.

TBH, I'd wait for @johnnie.black to pipe in as he's the expert on btrfs

How would that just happen on its own?