14000+ sync errors after power failure

sakh1979

Hi -

Yesterday, my unRAID server showed 14,000+ sync errors after power failure.

However, after running parity check again it corrected all but 2 errors.

I ran the parity check again today, it is about 60% done and shows 250+ errors corrected (250+ is far better than 14,000+ errors, but it is scary). I thought, after running the parity check second time, I wouldn't see any error correction the third time.

I have been running unRAID for 7+ years, this is the first time I am facing sync errors, is this behavior normal after power failure?

Thanks,

Sagun

I would suggest that you post up your diagnostics file after this current parity check completes.    (   Tools   >>>   Diagnostics   )  Post this new up in a new post and perhaps one of the Gurus can find the source of your problem.

I would also suggest that you consider a UPS to help protect your server and to ensure that you get a clean shutdown if the power does fail.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ashman70 said:

There are others here more familiar with ResierFS and it's repair commands, although I am not sure that is going to help you. You should know, that ReiserFS is a dead file system and is no longer being developed. You should consider migrating to XFS.

Yeah, after my system is stable I am thinking of migrating to XFS. Is there a painless way to do so?

29 minutes ago, Frank1940 said:

I would suggest that you post up your diagnostics file after this current parity check completes.    (   Tools   >>>   Diagnostics   )  Post this new up in a new post and perhaps one of the Gurus can find the source of your problem.

I would also suggest that you consider a UPS to help protect your server and to ensure that you get a clean shutdown if the power does fail.

Sure, I will post my diagnostics after this party check completes. I have a UPS, but sadly I didn't configure my unRAID to shutdown gracefully after power failure (my bad)