Docker Troubles. Moving from eth0 to br0

dalben

I moved my containers to their own IPs last night binding them to eth0 as I didn't have bridging setup.  All worked well except for kodi-headless as the sources are SMB which doesn't seem to work.  I assumed this is because the new setup stops any access from a container to the host server.

After a bit of reading I enabled br0 in the unRAID network settings.  All good.  Went to the docker settings page and input the range of IPs I wanted for the Dockers and it all started fine.

tdm-docker1.png.353342179a330c63b2fd40dfbb70ff2f.png

None of the dockers started up as eth0 is no longer available to bind to for the containers.

When I edit the docker via the unRAID gui, I select br0, then Apply and I'm left with a blank screen sitting at this url:

http://tdm/Docker/UpdateContainer?xmlTemplate=edit:/boot/config/plugins/dockerMan/templates-user/my-cadvisor.xml

System log gives me this error:

Nov 19 10:18:53 tdm root: error: /Docker/UpdateContainer?xmlTemplate=edit:/boot/config/plugins/dockerMan/templates-user/my-cadvisor.xml: missing csrf_token

I then deleted a container and re-added it, and setting it up to use br0.  Same hang after apply with the following error in the syslog

Nov 19 10:18:08 tdm root: error: /Docker/AddContainer?xmlTemplate=user%3A%2Fboot%2Fconfig%2Fplugins%2FdockerMan%2Ftemplates-user%2Fmy-activ-flexget.xml

I removed the bridge in network settings.  Reset the docker settings and now the dockers have started up again using eth0.

Q1:  How can we move Docker and containers to use br0 to eth0 without issues?

kodi-headless is still a problem.  when it's bound to eth0 SMB fails. It's looking for SMB because that's the video source in the kodi DB I believe.

10:36:43.283 T:22384156808960  NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Starting scan ..
10:36:44.301 T:22384156808960 WARNING: Process directory 'smb://TDM/videos/kids/' does not exist - skipping scan.

When I set it up in bridge or host mode it's not able to attach to mariaDB

Can't connect to MySQL server on '192.168.1.225' (113)

I've opened port 3306 on the container but it hasn't helped.

Q2: Has anyone managed to get SMB working on kodi-headless when it's configured with it's own IP bound to eth0?

Q3: Has anyone managed to connect from a Bridge or Host container to a MySQL.MariaDB container bound with it's own IP to eth0?

Edited by dalben
7 hours ago, dalben said:

I moved my containers to their own IPs last night binding them to eth0 as I didn't have bridging setup.  All worked well except for kodi-headless as the sources are SMB which doesn't seem to work.  I assumed this is because the new setup stops any access from a container to the host server.

After a bit of reading I enabled br0 in the unRAID network settings.  All good.  Went to the docker settings page and input the range of IPs I wanted for the Dockers and it all started fine.

tdm-docker1.png.353342179a330c63b2fd40dfbb70ff2f.png

None of the dockers started up as eth0 is no longer available to bind to for the containers.

When I edit the docker via the unRAID gui, I select br0, then Apply and I'm left with a blank screen sitting at this url:

http://tdm/Docker/UpdateContainer?xmlTemplate=edit:/boot/config/plugins/dockerMan/templates-user/my-cadvisor.xml

System log gives me this error:

Nov 19 10:18:53 tdm root: error: /Docker/UpdateContainer?xmlTemplate=edit:/boot/config/plugins/dockerMan/templates-user/my-cadvisor.xml: missing csrf_token

I then deleted a container and re-added it, and setting it up to use br0.  Same hang after apply with the following error in the syslog

Nov 19 10:18:08 tdm root: error: /Docker/AddContainer?xmlTemplate=user%3A%2Fboot%2Fconfig%2Fplugins%2FdockerMan%2Ftemplates-user%2Fmy-activ-flexget.xml

I removed the bridge in network settings.  Reset the docker settings and now the dockers have started up again using eth0.

kodi-headless is still a problem.  when it's bound to eth0 SMB fails. It's looking for SMB because that's the video source in the kodi DB I believe.

10:36:43.283 T:22384156808960  NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Starting scan ..
10:36:44.301 T:22384156808960 WARNING: Process directory 'smb://TDM/videos/kids/' does not exist - skipping scan.

When I set it up in bridge or host mode it's not able to attach to mariaDB

Can't connect to MySQL server on '192.168.1.225' (113)

I've opened port 3306 on the container but it hasn't helped.

Q2: Has anyone managed to get SMB working on kodi-headless when it's configured with it's own IP bound to eth0?

Q3: Has anyone managed to connect from a Bridge or Host container to a MySQL.MariaDB container bound with it's own IP to eth0?

Have you assigned an IP address to both Kodi-headless and maria-db?  If not, that's why it won't connect. 

I can't remember the correct terminology, but dockers with assigned IPs are firewalled from the host and can only talk to other dockers with assigned IPs and dockers without assigned IPs are firewalled from the host and can only talk to other dockers without assigned IPs.

7 hours ago, dalben said:

After changing the network settings, docker still has eth0 assigned. Currently the only way to get docker in sync is by deleting its current settings and have them recreated.

See:

3 hours ago, DZMM said:

Have you assigned an IP address to both Kodi-headless and maria-db?  If not, that's why it won't connect. 

I can't remember the correct terminology, but dockers with assigned IPs are firewalled from the host and can only talk to other dockers with assigned IPs and dockers without assigned IPs are firewalled from the host and can only talk to other dockers without assigned IPs.

Yeah, I did.  It all got very confusing in the end as this docker0 network kept appearing which I worked out was the unRAID WebGUI getting involved.  It got so confusing that I ended up rolling everything back and all the containers (around 15 of them) are back to Bridge mode.

One day I'll try again.

3 hours ago, bonienl said:

After changing the network settings, docker still has eth0 assigned. Currently the only way to get docker in sync is by deleting its current settings and have them recreated.

Yeah, confirmed my findings.  At the moment if you change from ethx or brx or <yournetwork name> all the containers become inoperable and uneditable.

• 2 months later...