24 bay NAS, but not all occupied

1 minute ago, tdallen said:

Hmm?  I'm not sure why my suggestion to turn on Turbo Write seemed to merit that kind of response.  Turbo write is very effective solution and I've done extensive personal benchmarking on it.  It's a good (though not perfect) solution for any user - including new users.

It is totally fine, when I was using 2 x parity drives and 1 x Data disk, my speed was what is expected from 1 gbit. However the moment I added multiple drives to the system, the transfer speed went down ~ 60 MB/sec. The moment that I enabled the turbo mode, I am back @ high speeds. Thnx for the help BTW...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, tdallen said:

Hmm?  I'm not sure why my suggestion to turn on Turbo Write seemed to merit that kind of response.  Turbo write is very effective solution and I've done extensive personal benchmarking on it.  It's a good (though not perfect) solution for any user - including new users.

I think it was a response to nuhll, with your quote as an example that Mat1926 had already received information about Turbo writes. Just read back a bit and you'll see the reason for the aggravated feelings.

On 10.1.2018 at 1:14 PM, Mat1926 said:

Just trying to keep the original posts intact!

I did not ask for your help, I wanted help from other knowledgeable users. And guess what, they did days ago and we moved on with our business. Then you came here trashing their suggestions and called me crazy for not agreeing with you!!! So...

U asked the whole world for help when posting online a question.

"Then you came here trashing their suggestions"

I even explained it to you. I didnt trashed their suggestions, i jsut want to tell you that it has nothing to do with disks spinning up - which is correct - so you dont waste energy.

I called you crazy because how you treat someone who trys to help you.

Just because you dont understand it, it doesnt mean its wrong.

But be sure, i wont help again. :)

Edited by nuhll
14 minutes ago, nuhll said:

I even explained it to you. I didnt trashed their suggestions, i jsut want to tell you that it has nothing to do with disks spinning up - which is correct - so you dont waste energy.

Just because you dont understand it, it doesnt mean its wrong.

But be sure, i wont help again. :)

No, I am expecting help from users that spend time reading and comprehending, and then giving advice. I asked pre-sales inquiries, was helped by users that knew what they were talking about, and we all moved on with our lives...and guess what, I did purchase the pro key days ago, so I don't need to ask in this part of the forums anymore! Then, you came here, and w/o spending time to read the whole thread and understand what we were actually discussing, you started posting non-sense...go away help other less-fortunate users, I am sure LT will do their best to revive their systems in case of catastrophes...!

Original Post by him

Edited by Mat1926

I did said NOTHIGN wrong, thats what you dont get in your brain. YOU did understand it WRONG. Not my problem.

You dont need to spin all drives up for better performacne. Unraid does this when it needs to HDDs from itself. Why should they run when they not needed? It just costs 1 sec to spin up a drive if its needed.

You are WRONG! w/o adjusting that setting my transfer speed was 60 MB/sec, now it is @ 110 MB/sec

Edited by nuhll