GPU passthrough fails when rebooting a VM [edit: added Call Trace]

scud133b

So I tried to do what was I that thread but it doesn’t appear to work

for me. I need to do a bit more investigation to determine whether my VM is actually calling those scripts, perhaps out some log

lines in. 

Did tou you find an unraid reboot flushed the issue out or a full power off, wait, power on was needed?

20 hours ago, planetwilson said:

So I tried to do what was I that thread but it doesn’t appear to work

for me. I need to do a bit more investigation to determine whether my VM is actually calling those scripts, perhaps out some log

lines in. 

Did tou you find an unraid reboot flushed the issue out or a full power off, wait, power on was needed?

Unraid reboot is NOT enough, in my case. I have to do a full power cycle to get the GPU to become available again. (Although all of this is temporarily resolved by using manual Windows reboots with the scripts mentioned earlier).

On 6/4/2018 at 11:18 AM, planetwilson said:

I am abandoning the AMD card and going back to Nvidia. Whatever issues I had with that pale into comparison with this...

I have been thinking about that, too, but I really like my Freesync monitor... so then I'd have to get a new monitor, too! First world problems, I guess.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/5/2018 at 2:23 PM, planetwilson said:

Already sold my RX480 and a 1060 is winging its way to me :) ... ready for a whole new bunch of problems

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tested with a GTX 1070 and all these problems have disappeared. Disabled my startup scripts to confirm. No problems with any reboots anymore.