We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×

Cache problems i think

Baskedk

I've been having some weird problems lately. 

Out of thin air, my VMs stands with a pause icon, and stopeps working, the scrren output on the server (locally on the server itself) says something like this=

"error (device loop3) in btrfs_commit_transaction:2253: errn0=-5 IO failure (Error while writing out transaction)"

When this happens my preclear also stopped (i just had a hdd being zeroed for later insertion)

The fix common problems tells me the following:

Cache Disk free space is less than the cache floor setting

What is a floor setting, and what does it do? And can it be changed? And what will then happen?

If anyone wants to diagnose my system I'll thanks in advance.

I'm new to this unRAID here, but besides the smaller issues atm i'm liking it so far. 
Still have a lot to learn though :D

unraid-diagnostics-20180128-2045.zip

You're using 2 different size cache devices in the default raid1 mode, this results in the free space being wrongly reported, only the size of the smallest SSD is usable, i.e., your cache is completely full, you need to free up some space or change the profile, e.g., to single, but you'll lose the redundancy:

https://lime-technology.com/forums/topic/46802-faq-for-unraid-v6/?do=findComment&comment=480421

Settings > Share Settings > Cache Settings > Min. free space: > (Floor aka limit settings)

But your issue is the cache drive, its full..

/dev/sdg1       210G  119G  192K 100% /mnt/cache

2 Shares use the cache on Prefer and 1 share on Yes. Maybe hold to much data and offload to Array?

Just a quick question more.
I've read a bit on the link you posted Johnnie, and just realized that i would still not get all the available space from my two disk with Raid0.

Do i understand this correct; that if i use the following command "-dconvert=single -mconvert=raid1" I will benefit of all the available space from the disks? But no Raid0 speed ofc?!?

Archived