We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×

Windows 10 laptop cannot access password-protected share on unRAID 6.4.0

Otacon

No matter what I do, I can't access the private share on the Windows 10 laptop.  I've added private to the share and enabled new permissions again.  I've added ntlm auth=yes to SMB.  I've added both my desktop and laptop users in unRAID and set them to read/write in the share's properties. The share was automatically found by my desktop and laptop, but the password will not work to access the share.  Previously, both my desktop and laptop couldn't access the share because the password and username was denied.  Now only the desktop can gain access but without a password.  I would like to have the share password protected when it's being accessed from the desktop and laptop.

2 hours ago, Otacon said:

Can I setup the share so I have to enter a password every time I access the share?

At best you can have Windows not save the password, Windows will save the password for as long as your Windows account is logged in. So if you logged out, or rebooted, the next session would require the password again. Perhaps something more at the Group policy level of things, but at requires having Pro version of Windows.

Archived