We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×

Can't Access Unraid Remotely via Openvpn Server Set up on Router

pimogo

Hi - I'm a recent adopter of Unraid. Its been a joy, mostly, and am having fun getting things working as they should. However so far one big problem has surfaced that has caused me to spend lots of time troubleshooting.

i do not know if the problem is with my router setttings or more likely unraid, but the problem is this: I'm having difficulty setting up remote access to my network so i can access unraid. As many have suggested I too have opted to set up an openvpn server. In my case I'm doing so on my Asus RT68P router. That part was easy. I can connect to my network remotely.

Once connected to my network I can access my router's webui with the URL router.asus.com or the IP of my router 192.168.1.1. I can likewise access, via internal IP, my raspberry pi running Volumio (not by hostname either: perhaps a hostname resolving issue?). What i can't however do is access Unraid. I have tried both the IP (192.168.1.100) and the hostname (servername.local). I have noticed that when i type the IP it automatically reesolves to the hostname (servername.local) anyway. Either way, nothing works. 

Any helpful tips, suggestions would be much appreciated. 

Settings on my router: 

87001.thumb.jpg.fc7faa763dd632f1301be0d0e066d5e1.jpg

OK. More information. I managed to log into the Unraid Webui by going to the following url: https://192.168.1.100:443. So that works, but not either 192.168.1.100 or  servername.local. 

I know to the right person this is a simple problem, but it eludes me. 

Archived