[SOLVED] Sudden shares dissapearing. Out of memory error

almarma

UPDATE: It has been solved thanks to the "Tips and Tweaks" plugin (see below)

Hi everybody,

After about 3 years with a flawless experience, my server did something unexpected: Yesterday, trying to play content from Plex docker, it couldn't play any file, so I tried to access the folder and it seems as everything there has dissapeared.

GALEON_Shares.thumb.png.0cfdb8d207a838631926435c2c9586aa.png

After the initial panic attack, I stopped the array, and followed the xfs_repair instructions from the wiki. Everything seems ok and no lost+found folder was created and the files and folders seem to be there yet.

Then I tried too to restore permissions everywhere using the "Docker Safe new Perm" plugin. It did but, after trying to start again the array in normal mode, I saw all my dockers failing, and then I noticed all my shares have dissapeared!

Fix Common Problems is telling me there's "Out of Memory errors found" and recommend me asking here for help. I tried to review the syslog and I see the error, but I have no clue about why is it happening or how to fix it :(.

GALEON_FixProblems.thumb.png.cfc1fd21b5a3512c5f014b73256dd601.png

The only change I did on my server other than simply updating dockers and plugins has been installing Airsonic docker. I faced issues with file permissions and I discovered I was because the "Enhanced OS X interoperability" option I had enabled, so I disabled it and reapplied files and folders permissions.

Can anybody please help me find out what's going on? It's quite scary and I'm not sure how unRAID will behave if I simply recreate the shares. Maybe simply rebooting fix the issue but I'm not sure so I don't want to risk it all.

galeon-diagnostics-20180219-1327.zip

6 minutes ago, Frank1940 said:

Try this:

https://lime-technology.com/forums/topic/58855-regular-out-of-memory-problems/#comment-577424

I would reboot server after resetting these variables.  If the problem reoccurs, give us another diagnostics file along with the list of Plugins and Dockers that you are running.  You might be a little light on memory...

THANK YOU!! Yes! I discovered that setting after installing the Tips and Tweaks plugin a few minutes ago! I edited that and restarted the server and the shares are back! Phew! :)

I've tweaked the settings as your suggestion (1% and 2%) and rebooted. Now I'll reload and monitor the dockers and everything!

These "Tips and Tweaks" and "Fix Common Problems" plugins should come preinstalled in all unRAID servers as default :). They are lifesavers!

Archived