Config for seeding torrents

crazykidguy

How is your setup configured if you're using a media server like Plex, but you're also trying to seed to trackers? 

An issue I'm running into is sometimes I need to rename things to have Plex pull in the correct metadata, but renaming anything will not allow me to seed the torrent. I also read about using symbolic/ hard links but my media is a user-share and I read that user-shares do not support hard links. 

Currently my setup is like this:

Media (Movie1, Movie2, Series3, Series4): User share

Seeding torrents (Movie1, Series3, Series4): Unassigned-disk 

However, this is obviously redundant and my unassigned-disk will eventually run out of space if I want to keep seeding more and more files. What is a better solution? 

My media and seeding are completely isolated, downloading and seeding on an unassigned drive and then Sickrage/CouchPotato picks up the completed torrent, copies and renames it to the array in my media files.

Just cull your seed list every few weeks/months as required to maintain free space.

I don't need my torrents to be parity protected and I don't want the IO burden on my cache (not to mention loss of fast storage), a spare HDD for torrents is a better solution IMHO.

• Upvote 1
11 hours ago, tjb_altf4 said:

My media and seeding are completely isolated, downloading and seeding on an unassigned drive and then Sickrage/CouchPotato picks up the completed torrent, copies and renames it to the array in my media files.

Just cull your seed list every few weeks/months as required to maintain free space.

I don't need my torrents to be parity protected and I don't want the IO burden on my cache (not to mention loss of fast storage), a spare HDD for torrents is a better solution IMHO.

+1

I’m using the same basic setup. My download client (binhex-delugevpn) has an app to automatically remove torrents based on seed time, disk free space and a few other variables so I don’t have to worry about the UD mount filling up. I imagine most other download clients have similar features.

Didn't think of the fact that seeding on the array would require the disks to be spun up all the time. Good point. 

I would love to automatically remove the torrents based on time/size uploaded but maintaining ratio is hard for those niche/old torrents that no one else would download. I guess doing it manually on an unassigned drive is still the best solution currently short of a seedbox.