UnRaid Call traces after changing motherboard for server

axipher

Hey forum,

I recently had my AMD Fx-8350 system die so I migrated my UnRaid to an Intel P55 system I had laying around.  I never really looked at the old server much as it hosted a ocuple random VM's and some storage and just mostly worked.

After migrating I went through and cleared the drives and rebuilt the array and now it's just storage and Plex since the P55 system doesn't support VT-d.

After booting up the new system, I keep getting the "Call traces error" in "Fix Common Problems" and it mentioned to post my diagnostics up on the forum, so I'm hoping someone here can help out.  Worst case I'm okay with moving the data off again and starting from a completely fresh Unraid install, but if I can avoid having to re-setup Plex again, that would be nice.

fx-diagnostics-20180309-0923.zip

7 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

It's the bios:

Mar  9 08:14:06 FX kernel: Your BIOS is broken; DMAR reported at address fed90000 returns all ones!

Look for a bios update or ignore.

Thanks for taking a look for me johnnie.black

I'll try to re-flash the latest BIOS from 2011 and if it still throws the error, I'll just Ignore it for now until I finally upgrade this to a new server motherboard and Xeon.

On 3/9/2018 at 9:32 AM, johnnie.black said:

It's the bios:

Mar  9 08:14:06 FX kernel: Your BIOS is broken; DMAR reported at address fed90000 returns all ones!

Look for a bios update or ignore.

So I updated the BIOS and it was still giving me that same "BIOS is broken" error. I went digging more and found this other thread on here that you were involved in:

Following the thread there, it turned out that it was because I had VT-d enabled but my Intel i5-760 doesn't support VT-d.  So I disabled that in BIOS, now it's all good.  Thanks for the help again though.

Archived