Server Migration?

Blux

Recently got a Dell R710.  Put 2xL5630 Xeons, 48GB ECC RAM in it, and filled it up with drives.  I got an H200 and flashed it to IT mode and did all the BIOS/Firmware updates to the latest version.

Currently I have an extra flash drive in it with a trial key just to verify that everything works.

My current server is an i7 6700k, 32GB of RAM, and full of drives as well.  

I want to move everything over to the new server and start fresh.  The only things running on my current server are Plex, Deluge, DuckDNS, Airsonic and a Minecraft server.

What's the best process to move everything over and use my old already-activated flash drive?  

The best I can come up with is to copy all my data from unRaid to an external HDD (less than 2TB of data), plug in my Flash drive to the new server, and move my data back over.

Can I just move everything over the network (still going to do the backup to an external first)?

Whats the best way to get rid of my old App Settings/Docker configs etc?  I'm going to be using a cache drive in the new server and I wasn't using one in the old server, so I really want to setup everything fresh so hopefully my Data/Parity can spin down more.

Thank you for all your help :)

Many of us have moved to newer hardware and just moved the disks over and booted from the original flash drive. But if you really want to start over, just make sure you have a copy of the .key file from your old flash drive, and prepare the flash as a new install.

If you don't intend to use the old drives in the server you can mount them in Unassigned Devices and copy their data that way. Or you can install them in the new server with their data intact by setting a New Config with those disks already added.

If you need more detail just let us know more about how you would like to proceed.

Archived