How is a cache pool of unevenly-sized drives handled?

Ruthalas

How is a cache pool of disparately-sized drives handled?

I currently have a 60GB SSD and a 120GB SSD pooled for my cache.

The result is listed at 90GB of cache space.

That seems wrong for either RAID 0 or RAID 1 in my limited understanding.

This post seems like it details alternate options for this configuration, but doesn't shed light of the default behavior.

(I was considering swapping the 120GB drive out for a matching 60GB drive to use the larger drive elsewhere, but I want to understand exactly how the current system is working before I make that decision.)

6 hours ago, johnnie.black said:

And, according to that calculator, the RAID 0 capacity is 120 GB and the RAID 1 capacity is 60 GB, as you might expect. So why is the OP seeing 90 GB reported? Is it a BTRFS bug or an unRAID bug? I vaguely remember this cropping up before and I'm surprised it hasn't been fixed yet.

@Ruthalas Would you mind posting your diagnostics so we can see what BTRFS thinks is going on?

I am having an issue, I believe due to the fact that I am attempting to move to a smaller drive.

I receive this error:
BTRFS: error (device sdj1) in btrfs_create_pending_block_groups :10269: errno=-28 No space left

Any advice on how to approach that?

Edit: I have backed up the full contents of the cache pool.

I am attempting to follow those instructions but am running into one issue- The system share won't move.

I have set it to 'Yes', but a single file (system\libvirt\libvirt.img) won't move when I invoke the mover.

Am I missing something, or is there a way to force that move?

Archived