[Solved] CRC errors after update

Mat1926

I just updated my system from 6.3.5. It first updated to 6.5.0, and after reboot I noticed 4 crc errors on disk 7, then I did update again to 6.5.1. Both diagnostics and smart report are attached...

unraid-diagnostics-20180426-1535.zip

unraid-smart-20180426-1532.zip

*edit*

Notifications were enabled since I installed the system few months ago, and it did not report any issues at all. Now I just got an email about the CRC errors!

Diagnostics already includes the SMART for ALL disks, and it already includes syslog, so there is no reason to also post smart or syslog when posting diagnostics. And we always prefer complete diagnostics zip instead of only smart or syslog.

This was a little far down into those update notes I mentioned on the other thread so you might not have read it all:

On 1/16/2018 at 11:38 PM, ljm42 said:

Starting wth 6.4.1, unRAID now monitors SMART attribute 199 (UDMA CRC errors) for you.  If you get an alert about this right after upgrading, you can just acknowledge it, as the error probably happened in the past.  If you get an alert down the road, it is likely due to a loose SATA cable. Reseat both ends, or replace if needed. (see this)

Archived