Can't get key

rbibby

3 minutes ago, rbibby53 said:

What should I have my time zone set to? I live in the eastern time zone

Looks like it should be PM instead of AM... so maybe NTP isn't working for some reason (but I don't see why from the log file you attached).

Try this:

1) Change 'Use NTP' to No

2) In the 'New Date and time' field, change '00' to '12'

3) Hit Apply

4) Try to register for a Trial key again

5) some time later: Change 'Use NTP' to Yes and hit Apply

If the motherboard has been used with Windows, then it's common that the hardware clock in the motherboard is set to local time.

Linux machines normally stores the UTC time in the hardware clock and just adds the local time zone offset when presenting the time.

1 minute ago, pwm said:

If the motherboard has been used with Windows, then it's common that the hardware clock in the motherboard is set to local time.

Linux machines normally stores the UTC time in the hardware clock and just adds the local time zone offset when presenting the time.

I haven't used the motherboard for anything before, I just got it in the mail

OK - but it's common for brand new motherboards to have the time set by the manufacturer. And if you don't live in the same time zone as the manufacturer, then the initial time can be several hours off. So even if the ntp client never managed to retrieve any time, you could still see a time that is within 24 hours of the correct local time.

One thing you can try is to go to     Settings     >>>>    Network Settings   and then enter DNS settings for the 'IPv4 DNS server:',  and 'IPv4 DNS server 2:'  using the IP addresses of 8.8.8.8   and 8.8.4.4  (which are Google's DNS servers and work world wide).  This will allow the NTP servers to connect and get the correct time.  

Archived