** VIDEO GUIDE How to dual boot baremetal windows and unRAID then boot the same windows as a vm **

SpaceInvaderOne:  Thanks for your videos.  I have learned a lot with your series. 

I had found this particular video on YouTube and was attempting to do exactly what it presented:  creating a dual-boot system with Windows 10 Pro bare-metal, and UNRAID - with the same Windows 10 as a VM.

Its a brand new Ryzen build, and I initially installed Windows 10 on one of my MB NVMe slots.   Its hard to say where my problems were.  I was able to start the VM - but I could not RDP to it.  VNC was not available on the VM icon menu.  So I really don't know if it worked.  At some point the NVMe drive - that was showing under Unassigned Devices moved to "Historical Devices".  I decided to remove it.  Now it does not show in the main UNRAID window.   I rebooted UNRAID; same state.  I shutdown the system and pulled the UNRAID USB flash drive to make sure that Windows 10 still boots bare-metal - that the install still works.  Fortunately, it did.  I RDP'd into it and it's exactly in the same state as it was before... and obviously RDP works fine and the IP address is as I thought.  Not sure why I could not do this in the VM.  One might conclude that it was not configured correctly - although it did start.

What's weirder, is that when I went back to UNRAID and tried the restart the VM, where it started before it now fails with:  Execution error.  Cannot get interface MTU on 'br0': No such device.  I went into the settings and somehow my network bridge changed from br0 to virbr0.  I checked the drop-down and the br0 option is no longer there. Obviously it used to be set correctly.

I need to try and start again - I'm hoping deleting the VM will have my NVMe/Windows 10 drive show-up again.  Is it safe to remove the VM and start from scratch.  I did not want to lose the Windows 10 install on the NVMe.

After some reading, I've removed the VM.

I've also removed the manual stubs for the NVMe drive that I wanted to pass through - but even after removal, System Devices showed it still had it bound - I had to stop the array and then reboot UNRAID.  Back on-line SysDev no longer had the NVMe bound - and it now magically shows up again under Unassigned Devices.  Yea!

However does any one have instruction on who to do the dual-boot Windows 10 pass-thru under 6.9.2?   I've realized that as a newbie, following these videos is risky, unless one is working with  the exact same version of software.  

I've recreated the VM - taking into account the GUI approach to creating the stubs, after reading this post:

Guide: bind devices to vfio-pci for easy passthrough to VMs - VMs - Unraid

The VM starts - and although I set up Windows 10 to handle RDP, it will not connect.  I tried changing the VM to use VNC and when it loads, it shows the UEFI Interactive Shell window... only thing I could do there is type exit. Then went to an old school BIOS setting window.  Reset or continue does the same thing; circle back to that UEFI shell... its in a loop.

What does THAT indicate?

• 3 months later...

This guide really helped me repurpose my Windows PC into my UNRAID server while still allowing me to continue with my Windows install on the NVME. Thank you.

Back Ground: I used to have all my games on a Samsung 860 Evo 1 TB SSD; in Windows the performance (i.e. data transfer speeds and load times) was excellent. I've since set this drive up as a share, copied my games library and mapped the share to G: Games in Windows. However, I'm getting poor performance (really long load times) with my games with this SSD as a cache drive on UNRAID.

Proposed solution: I'd like to use this SATA SSD passed through to windows as a secondary disk for my games, following the guide below.

Issue: when passing through an NVME drive for dual boot, and with Primary vDisk set to 'none', attempting to complete the VM template to pass through an additional SATA SSD as secondary disk using its disk ID automatically assigns it as the primary disk, which was previously 'none', excluding the VM the ability to boot from the NVME. Is there any way to get around this?