DDNS with TP-Link router and Google Domain

Long time listener, first time caller here.

My goal, for fun is to section out a subdomain for each of my services that I want to publicly access using a domain that I purchased from Google through my TP-Link AC1750 Archer C7 router.

Examples:

muximux.mygoogledomain.com

organizr.mygoogledomain.com

owncloud.mygoogledomain.com

mail.mygoogledomain.com

I'd like to have a single secure login to access all of my services through public internet using muximux or organizr. Today, I RDP to an Unraid windows VM to access/manage my network. I also have OpenVPN setup on my phone so that I can access the network remotely if i'm bored at the in-law's house etc.

I currently use no-ip for a free domain that works well with with my TP-Link router but it is not the domain I want to use. I also have to manually renew the free domain monthly. The TP-Link router will only allow me to use NO-IP, Dyndns, or comexe.cn.

I found this guide however I think there's some common knowledge or missing pieces that I lack to execute all of these things. Is anyone aware of any video guides or docker containers that might help me learn how to do this? I appreciate guidance! This is fun... I think!

http://www.netinstructions.com/how-to-setup-dynamic-dns-for-home-computer-or-server/

Appreciate the feedback!

• 4 years later...