Removing a drive with locked files

I am removing a drive and replacing it with an additional parity drive. Since I am making the array smaller I think I need to use the new config tool, right?

I have removed all data from the drive I am removing except for two files I cannot delete using Windows file explorer.  I get a message stating I need permission from Tower/Root. Can I just remove this drive without deleting the two files and run a new parity rebuild? I don't  need these files anymore.

I have looked at solutions for removing locked files, but my knowledge of Linux is limited. A stumbling block is the issue of how to enter the correct path to the server (Tower) from a Windows command prompt. I made several attempts but could never get the path syntax right.

You can probably work with those files from the unRAID command line but if you don't care New Config certainly won't.

Tools - New Config - Retain All. This will leave everything assigned like it currently is, but you can make any changes to the assignments you want before starting the array, such as removing a data disk and assigning a disk as parity2. Of course parity has to be rebuilt so don't check the parity valid box before starting.

No because parity2 would still have to be built. Just adding parity2 and starting the array would get parity2 built. It wouldn't even give you a box to check.

But, what you should do is stop it and do the New Config again, this time also adding the parity2. Sorry I didn't spell it out before but you can do it all at the same time.