unraid no longer booting

MrGrumpie

Hi all

I’ve got 2 separate issues; firstly, I had an issue with my UPS recently which shut server down unexpectedly (power failure). 

On rebooting, unraid no longer launches. The first issue is a long standing one, there is always a massive delay when restarting as once the disk groups are initialised as part of the server start up, it stops at “Press ctrl-M for setup or press space to continue...” 

this is is a minor issue but it’s still annoying! 

The broader issue is that after 10-15 minutes the server used to finish booting ...but now I just get a blank screen with a flashing cursor. 

I managed to get into the bios yesterday and the boot order was all over the place so I changed it to the unraid usb stick.

i also took the usb drive out and plugged it into my main pc - windows told me it had errors, I scanned it and then windows said there were no errors. 

After plugging it back into the server, I now get “reboot and select proper boot device”.

any ideas how to fix both problems? (Obviously the major one being that my array is unusable right now). 

Thanks

matt 

939CE3C1-E2F5-4C8B-848A-62E6F046AC64.jpeg

9D1A714F-C31F-4804-9FCF-A9F5DA58322E.jpeg

Archived