(Solved) Not sure how to proceed. Red ball with data rebuild

Harro

Yesterday I replaced a drive with new one and started with a data rebuild on it. Woke this morning to another drive with a red x and 2 other drives showing errors but not red balled. 

What would the steps be to fix this mess? 

Replace the red ball drive and rebuild that drive and leave the other drives alone until after that rebuild? Not sure what route I should go.

Another question would be about parity checks.  Which is the preferred method, with correction or not?

tower-diagnostics-20180921-0856.zip

Edited by Harro
solved

Disks looks fine, at first there were read errors only on disk14, and second parity corrected those, but then there were also on disk13 at the same time, so rebuilt disk will have some corruption.

All 3 disks with errors are on the same miniSAS cable of an LSI HBA, so maybe a cable issue, possibly an HBA port issue, cable is more likely, it could also be power related, i.e., if those disks for example share a power cable or splitter.

IMO, best Way forward would be to check/replace/swap those cables and rebuild the disabled disk4 and rebuild disk1 again to fix the corruption on the first rebuild.

• Like 1