Accidentally ejected a main data drive. Now it won't mount. Best course of action?

plantsandbinary

Just what it says. I was inserting a new drive into my machine and I didn't bother to turn it off because the interface is built to be hot-swappable, dumb I know but rebooting my machine is a serious PITA in and of itself.

Anyway, I accidentally ejected another drive that's part of the array just barely. After spending 3 and a half hours clearing the 2 new drives which is what Unraid started doing first, the drive that got ejected refuses to mount and just stays as 'disabled'. Also the 2 new drives have the error: Unmountable: Unsupported partition layout. Which is kinda weird to me because I figured that 3 and a half hour clean process would also result in formatting.

I'm currently running a parity check but it will take at least 8 hours. What else should I do apart from browsing the forums for solutions in the meantime.

9 minutes ago, plantsandbinary said:

the drive that got ejected refuses to mount and just stays as 'disabled'.

After a disk gets disable it need to be rebuilt, to a new disk or the same, to the same see:

https://wiki.unraid.net/Troubleshooting#Re-enable_the_drive

10 minutes ago, plantsandbinary said:

Also the 2 new drives have the error: Unmountable: Unsupported partition layout. Which is kinda weird to me because I figured that 3 and a half hour clean process would also result in formatting.

It doesn't, you need to format the drives after clearing them.

Archived