unsupported partition layout

phileeny

I'm pulling my hair out here, my 1TB cache HDD drive died so I decided to replace it with a Samsung 860 500GB SSD I had, the SSD was formatted to NTFS, when I put it in the server as cache it said unsupported partition layout with the option below to format so I did, a second or two later is said unsupported partition layout.

help 

The USB is the UPS since I changed the port when plugging in the keyboard and mouse when testing, changed port and setting in BIOS sorted that, The BIOS was on AHCI but not the ports 4/5 I had the SSD plugged in to port 5, they were set to IDE, changed the controller from IDE to SATA (only option)

Rebooted, still said unsupported partition layout, formatted again with no hope, Wow it worked I feel very happy now thank you johnnie, now just need to fix this lot

Oct 17 18:19:01 Tower root: Fix Common Problems: Error: Unable to communicate with GitHub.com
Oct 17 18:19:01 Tower root: Fix Common Problems: Error: Default docker appdata location is not a cache-only share
Oct 17 18:19:01 Tower root: Fix Common Problems: Other Warning: Could not check for blacklisted plugins
Oct 17 18:19:01 Tower root: Fix Common Problems: Other Warning: Could not perform unknown plugins installed checks
Oct 17 18:19:12 Tower root: Fix Common Problems: Warning: Dynamix SSD Trim Plugin Not installed
Oct 17 18:19:13 Tower root: Fix Common Problems: Other Warning: Could not perform docker application port tests  

Archived