Kodi Buffering issues?

hermy65

For the better part of 4 months ive been having an issue with my kodi instances buffering so ive been trying to resolve it and unfortunately have not made much progress. First off, my unRAID box is running on dual Xeon E5-2630 v4's and 64GB of ECC RAM. All of my kodi instances are on my wired gigabit LAN and yet they constantly buffer/cache, sometimes its every 5-10 minutes, other times its every 20-30 seconds. I dont notice anything on my unRAID machine that should be causing it but im out of ideas. I am using mariadb to host the SQL DB my Kodi instances point to but i cant foresee that being the issue. 

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

5 minutes ago, hermy65 said:

I actually had the issue with 6.6.1 as well, just bumped to 6.6.3 to see if it was any better. Should I try NFS shares instead of SMB? Is there a reason to use NFS over SMB to begin with?

If you are running Kodi over something *nix based (i.e. not Windows) then NFS is better, lower cpu overhead and slightly better througput and slighty lower latency. I'm running OpenELEC on multiple devices and all using NFS.