Adding cache drives and system doesn't boot

Mlatx

So I added a pair of cache drives to my unraid as a cache pool.  Appdata, system, and domains were set to prefer the cache.  I stopped docker and invoked the mover.  When I started docker, it would not start.  So I decided to do a reboot.  Now the system doesn't come up other than on a monitor.  On the monitor, it used to say unraid login and would bootup.   Now it just says Tower login.  What the hell happened, and how do I fix this?  It's as if it is not finding any of the information it needs to boot.  Also the IP address on the monitor is not something that is on my network.  

ok this is very strange.  I just rebooted again, and it logged in.  The dockers are running.  But I can't connect to unraid shares from my mac.  By the way, I'm running 6.6.3. What could have happened?  When the dockers wouldn't start after moving the data, I couldn't connect to shares either.

12 hours ago, Mlatx said:

it used to say unraid login

12 hours ago, Mlatx said:

Now it just says Tower login.

If you're being literal here and what you're stating is what actually appeared on the screen, then at that time, the flashdrive got dropped for whatever reason after the initial boot.  (why the name of the server got reset back to Tower).  Too late now though for diagnostics that would have told the real story.

Archived