transport endpoint is not connected

bdee1

I was just trying to remove two Time Machine shares on my unraid system which I no longer use.   In order to remove the shares I had to remove all the files in them.

from the command line I was doing rm-rf on the sparsebundle file in my time machine user share and then suddenly I started getting "unraid transport endpoint is not connected"

After that, all of my shares were not accessible and after a few minutes, I could no longer access the webGUI.

I was able to get my syslog before the webgui went offline.  I have attached it here.

Any advice on what how to proceed to get my server back online?

storagetower-syslog-20181030-1152.zip

actually looking at my log file, it looks like the last thing i did before experiencing this issue was to enable the "enhanced os x interoperability" option on one of my user shares.   My concern at the moment is that since I cant reach it via the webGUI or via ssh from the terminal, I am unable to do a clean shutdown.

I wound up doing a hard reboot on the server and it came back up and completed a parity check without issue.   After doing so, I tried to visit the share I enables "enhanced os x interoperability" on from my imac and unraid became unresponsive again.

I did another hard reboot on the server and once it came back up I disabled "enhanced os x interoperability" on that share and I have not had any issues since then.

So lesson learned, never enable that feature.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived