(solved) What's the directest way of restoring all my Dockers and VM's?

tillkrueger

I just went through a bunch of upgrades to the way my unRAID system is set up, starting with upgrading to dual-parity and a change of how it is accessed from outside (a combination of direct access via an IP number in a VLAN and VPN access).

Because portions of it will now be directly accessible via an IP number and exposed to the outside world, I also increased the security of the root password and moved the WebGUI to another port so that port 80 can host a Docker like letsencrypt.

All is back up and running now, but all the Dockers that I had configured (Krusader, QDir, ZeroTier) and VM's (Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016) have disappeared from my Dashboard.

Why is that, and what's the best way of getting them back, hopefully without having to re-install and re-configure all of them?

1 hour ago, tillkrueger said:

All is back up and running now, but all the Dockers that I had configured (Krusader, QDir, ZeroTier) and VM's (Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016) have disappeared from my Dashboard.

Why is that, and what's the best way of getting them back, hopefully without having to re-install and re-configure all of them? 

In the Apps tab (Community Applications), select Previous Apps.  A list of previously installed dockers and plugins will appear.  Select the ones you want to reinstall.  All previous settings are retained.

image.png.356b5a441568fc9b75274f1942a8ddf3.png

Do you have backups of your VMs?

I can't tell you why they disappeared.

I thought I had deleted this thread right after creating it, because:

Duh! My bad! I hadn't yet started the array after changing the port numbers to the WebGUI!

well, now that it's up, I guess I'll leave it up in case someone else makes the same silly mistake ;)

Thanks for that tip, though! 

• tillkrueger changed the title to (solved) What's the directest way of restoring all my Dockers and VM's?

Archived