[RESOLVED] All settings gone after reboot

Hello,

I'm on 6.6.5.

I've just had to reboot my unRAID box and, after the restart, the hostname is "Tower" and the machine has a self-assigned IP address i.e 169.265.x.x. All configuration is gone, by the looks of it. I do have a flash backup but it's on S3 and not easily accessible (but it IS accessible if that's the only way to fix this - it's just not my preferred method).

Why would this happen?

I've found another post and have run "diagnostics" from the command line. I'll upload that when I can get the file (I'm on mobile now).

In the meantime are there any known reasons for this?

Thanks

Edited by digitalformula
Marked as resolved
18 hours ago, bonienl said:

Check your flash device for corruption.

You also may move the flash device to a different USB port, preferably USB2. Some users have issues when using a USB3 port.

Sorry, should've updated this before, since I had it fixed a minute or so after posting.

It did actually turn out to be the USB port, although not a change from USB 3 to USB 2.  I just used a different one - motherboard rear panel instead of case front panel.  Still USB 3.  Working now, thankfully.  Thanks @bonienl.