Recurring Issues & Missing Drives

noja

I'm worried I've got some hardware failures in the mix coming up.  A month or two ago I had my cache drive fail and during that process, the OS froze up a few times and I ended up doing a hard shut down and every so often the same thing has happened.  I'm concerned at the moment that my mobo is slowly dying now.  I have an array of 9 data drives and one drive ready to take over as an unassigned device.  However, for the last week or so, data drive 5 and the extra unassigned device have been "missing" and the drive is being emulated. I finally had time today to shut down and look inside to make sure all the connectors were good and they are.  Additionally, the mobo can see all the connected drives, but the server boots up and still shows "missing."  Finally, the log was throwing a ton of errors about preclear plugin again, despite it being fully updated, so I removed the plugin through the gui and rebooted with no success.  Log is still showing a bunch of errors re: preclear despite me removing it. 

I'm a little lost and could use some direction.  Still running 6.6.3 as I'm concerned about updating until the disk situation is sorted out.

Thank you

manky-dreadful-diagnostics-20181123-1349.zip

So, I've finally gotten around to updating to 6.6.5 today.  Between Saturday and now, I think the Unassigned Devices plugin has been updated a number of times.  Following the updates and reboot, the extra drive showed up again without any further changes or cable adjustment.  I do agree that the IDE setting probably precipitated everything, but in any case, all my drives are available for now.

Thanks again!

Archived