(SOS) New Build Swap Question

Endda

So I'm upgrading from an Intel mid_range build to a ryzen 2700.

I have tested the chip,motherboard,drive cages,etc

I'm to the point where all I have to do is take out my 14 hard drives and put them in the new case

My Question

Can I just take the USB drive out if ky current build, plug it into my new case ,boot it up without any other drives and see if it lets me access the dashboard?

i know it will say all drives are missing and all,but if it boots to the dashboard,then the compatibility check means it's good?

if it boots to the dashboard, I can power it down,swap out my 15 drives + cache and then boot it back up successfully?

Or will doing that mess things up?

like ,if I did that and it didn't boot to the dashboard, when I put the USB drive back in the original box, would it boot improperly or would it go back to normal?

Thanks in advance. Sorry fir typos,I'm on mobike 

The "configs" don't really have a lot to do with the hardware. They are really just settings made in the webUI, including the disk assignments.

The Unraid OS runs in RAM. It "installs" itself fresh from the archives on flash into RAM at each boot and then it applies whatever settings you have made in the webUI such as the disk assignments, the plugins and dockers, etc. Not really anything in the configs that is hardware specific. It just figures out whatever hardware it is running on at boot time.

Archived