Cache size not correct

francrouge

I'm not sure what capacity you were expecting to see but BTRFS RAID 1 is a little different from traditional RAID 1. With three devices you don't end up with a triple mirror. Instead you get exactly two copies of any block. I believe the blocks are allocated to the three devices in a round robin fashion. The fact that the three disks aren't of equal capacity makes it complicated to visualise but think of it like this: half of the 256 GB device is mirrored on each of the two 240 GB devices, leaving 240 - 128 = 112 GB that's mirrored between the two 240 GB devices. 256 + 112 = 368 GB.

O okay thx for the info

I'm not sure what capacity you were expecting to see but BTRFS RAID 1 is a little different from traditional RAID 1. With three devices you don't end up with a triple mirror. Instead you get exactly two copies of any block. I believe the blocks are allocated to the three devices in a round robin fashion. The fact that the three disks aren't of equal capacity makes it complicated to visualise but think of it like this: half of the 256 GB device is mirrored on each of the two 240 GB devices, leaving 240 - 128 = 112 GB that's mirrored between the two 240 GB devices. 256 + 112 = 368 GB.

Envoyé de mon Pixel 2 XL en utilisant Tapatalk

Archived