[Attention box] when starting array with disk(s) missing

Hey, so i rebuild my server (MB and added RAM)

While doin so i was multiple times restarting server adding things and testing and so on.

At some point i might have startet the array without a disk (i guess cable got loose).

I would suggest adding some sort of "ARE YOU REALLY SURE YOU WANT TO START THE ARRAY WITH DISK(S) MISSING" when clicking start array. - or a checkbox.

I was on mobile and i didnt see that there was a disk missing... :/

Edited by nuhll
17 minutes ago, bonienl said:

It requires an update to emhttp to prevent autostart when a cache device is missing. Something only @limetech can do.

I suspected that, hope Tom can change that when possible, even with single device cache there can be issues, for example if the user is using the default /mnt/user paths for the docker and libvirt images and they are on cache, if the array starts without it new images will be created on the array disks and can then cause confusion, but mostly for multiple devices cache it can cause issues with the pool.

6 hours ago, johnnie.black said:

I suspected that, hope Tom can change that when possible, even with single device cache there can be issues, for example if the user is using the default /mnt/user paths for the docker and libvirt images and they are on cache, if the array starts without it new images will be created on the array disks and can then cause confusion, but mostly for multiple devices cache it can cause issues with the pool.

Yes we can fix that.  This will be included in a larger change that also addresses this one:

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...