*SOLVED* Having trouble updating Unraid

2 minutes ago, trurl said:

I suggest copying that /mnt/user/apps/plex folder into /mnt/user/appdata, to make the folder /mnt/user/appdata/plex. Leave the original in place as a backup for now.

Ok, makes sense copying across now (wow this is a big folder!). On the docker image for plex the default is:

/mnt/user/appdata/binhex-plexpass

So I'm changing that to:

/mnt/user/appdata/plex

5 minutes ago, trurl said:

Host path 2 as it is in the screenshot is going to make your /mnt/user appear as /media inside the plex container, but the database you already have is expecting your media to be at /mnt/user. So you need to edit that mapping and change the container path to /mnt/user.

Also makes sense, kicking myself for not realising that, if i change it now it won't find my library where it will be looking for it as per the old database file(s).

Not the end of the world, I don't use my server for much else.

8 minutes ago, trurl said:

Let me know if this isn't making sense or you want to get further into the explanation. Or we could just try it this way and see what happens and explain it later.

Nope, thank you. I think I'm understanding, thank you so much for your help, once its copied i'll install it and see what happens

Stop it and take a look at what it created in that appdata/plex folder. Maybe we need to move your old data into the place it expects it to be.

For me, I am using linuxserver plex instead of binhex, but they should be similar. Inside my plex appdata folder, I have a folder that plex created named Library and everything else is in there.

Had the same thought last night, so I moved some stuff around to match how the new docker has it.

MC screenshot shows appdata on the left (docker) and apps on the right (plugin)

apps-appdata.jpg

In "apps" there is a folder inside "application support" called "Plex Media Server" so I just copied this across.

And voila it worked kinda.....more on that below

Oddly enough, it looked like it didn't work originally as it seems to take the docker a while to "kick in" I get a "this site can't be reached" page for a while then all of a sudden it just starts working, is that normal for docker? should i try linuxserver plex instead? I just picked the first one on the list as i recognised the binhex from my deluge docker.

Upon further testing though, something isn't quite right, the file structure is different so none of my media is linking up.

mnt/user doesn't seem to exist? as you can see below, this is what Plex is seeing under mnt I'm guessing I've got the wrong path set? (/mnt/user)

mnt.jpg

Edited by zapp8rannigan