[SOLVED] NextCloud "access through untrusted domain"

rmp5s

I set up NextCloud and the requisite reverse proxy following SpaceInvader One's guide (he is a saint among men) and I've run into a problem with remote access that I do not think I can fix.  Hopefully someone here can prove me wrong.

I can not set up the SSL cert/reverse proxy.  My ISP blocks port 80 inbound.

From what I understand, that is how you prevent the whole "access through untrusted domain" thing.

Is there a method of generating the SSL cert that doesn't rely on port 80?  Am I doing something else wrong?  (At 15:14, that's similar to the error I get.)  Is there a way to bypass the whole "untrusted domain" thing entirely?  I'm just looking for a way to get this to work as, without remote access, NextCloud is pretty useless.

I'm open to any ideas.  Thank you all.  Best tech forum ever!

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone else having trouble with this, when it's asking for a trusted domain, it's the domain you GO TO to access NextCloud...not where you're trying to access FROM.

So, just go to /config/www/nextcloud/config and add your domain to the config.php as described here.  Much easier than I originally thought.

Edited by rmp5s
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • rmp5s changed the title to [SOLVED] NextCloud "access through untrusted domain"
  • 7 months later...
On 2/23/2019 at 4:44 PM, rmp5s said:

For anyone else having trouble with this, when it's asking for a trusted domain, it's the domain you GO TO to access NextCloud...not where you're trying to access FROM.

So, just go to /config/www/nextcloud/config and add your domain to the config.php as described here.  Much easier than I originally thought.

WOW, thanks for this, I just spent the last two hours looking for this solution. 

• 2 years later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm kind of embarrassed to ask this but I still can't figure out what to do in the config file. I've located the file but I'm not sure if I should be adjusting all of the info or just lines 1 and 2. I'm not even sure what to put in 3. Can someone break down what I should be adjusting and to what? Also, do I just copy paste everything at the bottom of the page? Thank you in advance and I'm sorry if this is an annoying question.

'trusted_domains' =>

array ( 

0 => 'localhost',

1 => 'server1.example.com',

2 => '192.168.1.50',

3 => '[fe80::1:50]',

),