[Support] binhex - PrivoxyVPN

Hi, I currently have binhex-sabnzbdvpn which is being used by Radarr, Sonarr, and NZBHydra through Privoxy. I also have binhex-qbittorrentvpn which is being used with Readarr and Prowlarr.

This has lead me to a position where I have two separate VPN containers with usenet traffic going through sab's vpn and my torrent traffic goes through qbittorrent vpn. Nothing wrong with this per se but I'd like to consolidate them to use a single container to manage VPN and Privoxy so my *arr containers can use both sab and qbit.

Would the recommended approach here be to:

1. Install this container
  2. Disable VPN on both sab and qbit
  3. Install this container and add the VPN input/output ports
  4. Route all *arr containers to use this new container?

Any concerns with this approach or advantage by going with the built in vpn containers I have now?

3 hours ago, unRaide said:

Hi, I currently have binhex-sabnzbdvpn which is being used by Radarr, Sonarr, and NZBHydra through Privoxy. I also have binhex-qbittorrentvpn which is being used with Readarr and Prowlarr.

This has lead me to a position where I have two separate VPN containers with usenet traffic going through sab's vpn and my torrent traffic goes through qbittorrent vpn. Nothing wrong with this per se but I'd like to consolidate them to use a single container to manage VPN and Privoxy so my *arr containers can use both sab and qbit.

Would the recommended approach here be to:

1. Install this container
  2. Disable VPN on both sab and qbit
  3. Install this container and add the VPN input/output ports
  4. Route all *arr containers to use this new container?

Any concerns with this approach or advantage by going with the built in vpn containers I have now?

two concerns with this approach:-

1. you will have no incoming port assigned and thus torrenting will be slow

2. you are going to be routing usenet and torrent traffic over a single vpn tunnel, this will result in lower speeds if you are torrenting and performing usenet downloads at the same time.

7 hours ago, binhex said:

two concerns with this approach:-

1. you will have no incoming port assigned and thus torrenting will be slow

2. you are going to be routing usenet and torrent traffic over a single vpn tunnel, this will result in lower speeds if you are torrenting and performing usenet downloads at the same time.

Hi @binhex, thx for responding!

One of the issues I'm not sure how to solve is giving my *arr containers to access either usenet OR torrent? The kludgy way I got around this is to setup Hydra exclusively for usenet and point it towards sabnzbdvpn and prowlarr just for torrents pointing to qbittorrentvpn. However this means Radarr / Sonarr can't acsess Prowlarr as they are also setup to use privoxy from the sabnzbdvpn container :( 

Do you have any thoughts on the best way to tackle this? 

1 hour ago, unRaide said:

I'm not sure how to solve is giving my *arr containers to access either usenet OR torrent?

assuming you have sabnbdvpn setup and qbittorrentvpn running (for example - both in default 'bridge' mode) you would then point your arrs at http://<your unraid server ip>:<the port for sab/qbit> does this not work?.

On 9/10/2024 at 1:18 AM, binhex said:

assuming you have sabnbdvpn setup and qbittorrentvpn running (for example - both in default 'bridge' mode) you would then point your arrs at http://<your unraid server ip>:<the port for sab/qbit> does this not work?.

Hi again, I am likely doing something wrong, but when I have Prowlarr connected to my qbittorrent vpn, I can't seem to connect it to sabnzbd-vpn?

I've tried using both "localhost" on port 8080 or "192.168.1.217" on port 8080 as the host but it doesn’t connect. 

My current setup is:

• sabnzbd-vpn (8080)
    • Privoxy on 8118
      • Radarr
      • Sonarr
      • NZBd Hydra
  • qbittorrent-vpn (8081)
    • Readarr
    • Prowlarr
    • Privoxy - I tried to set this up on port 8119 for Prowlarr and Readarr to go through but it always defaults to port 8118 after startup in the logs even after removing the original port and creating a new one??

Ideally, I'd like to retire Hydra and just use Prowlarr for all my *arrs, running through privoxy, with the ability for each *arr to use either usenet or torrents.

Edited by unRaide
On 9/10/2024 at 10:07 PM, unRaide said:

Hi again, I am likely doing something wrong, but when I have Prowlarr connected to my qbittorrent vpn, I can't seem to connect it to sabnzbd-vpn?

I've tried using both "localhost" on port 8080 or "192.168.1.217" on port 8080 as the host but it doesn’t connect. 

My current setup is:

• sabnzbd-vpn (8080)
    • Privoxy on 8118
      • Radarr
      • Sonarr
      • NZBd Hydra
  • qbittorrent-vpn (8081)
    • Readarr
    • Prowlarr
    • Privoxy - I tried to set this up on port 8119 for Prowlarr and Readarr to go through but it always defaults to port 8118 after startup in the logs even after removing the original port and creating a new one??

Ideally, I'd like to retire Hydra and just use Prowlarr for all my *arrs, running through privoxy, with the ability for each *arr to use either usenet or torrents.

Hi @binhex, apologies for the bump but would appreciate any thoughts you have on the optimal way to set this up.