RTX 2060 passthrough error

Hi there,

Got your e-mail about this topic so I thought I'd come here to give you some further direction.  Something unique about the RTX-class GPUs is that they contain both a USB and serial device as sub-functions of the card.  These are represented in your IOMMU group as devices ending in .2 and .3.  You will need to stub those devices to ensure a smooth experience when assigning them to a VM.  See this recently added ;-) section of our FAQ:

https://wiki.unraid.net/Unraid_6/Frequently_Asked_Questions#I.27m_having_problems_passing_through_my_RTX-class_GPU_to_a_virtual_machine

Give that a shot and lets see how it goes.

On 3/6/2019 at 12:11 AM, jonp said:

Hi there,

Got your e-mail about this topic so I thought I'd come here to give you some further direction.  Something unique about the RTX-class GPUs is that they contain both a USB and serial device as sub-functions of the card.  These are represented in your IOMMU group as devices ending in .2 and .3.  You will need to stub those devices to ensure a smooth experience when assigning them to a VM.  See this recently added ;-) section of our FAQ:

https://wiki.unraid.net/Unraid_6/Frequently_Asked_Questions#I.27m_having_problems_passing_through_my_RTX-class_GPU_to_a_virtual_machine

Give that a shot and lets see how it goes.

Sorry for the delayed response on this.

I have put those devices in sys Linux and passed them through.

currently the VM will boot if I have VNC as the primary card, but I get error code 43 on the RTX card in the device manager.

i have tried passing through the full vga bios, vga bios with header removed, non bios, hyper v off and on, still get the same results.

at this point I would pay for some time with unraid support if that is even an option.  If I cannot get this to work I will have to purchase about 500 dollars worth of hardware to get a separate gaming rig running.  So paying for support might be a cheaper option 

Hi, 

Any update?

Just for You, and many like me. Change boot Mode to non UEFI, and create another vm, pin all from GPUs, use hdd from first vm, and... its work. 

No error 43! 

I don't know why, xml are the same.... I use last RC version

Edited by wit3k