Recommended Motherboard for 2019..

Been using Unraid since the early days and always limited myself to 12 drives. Looking to make a fresh build in a Norco RPC-4224 case to expand my array to 24 drives but the Hardware Compatibility wiki seems very outdated.

I currently have a single Supermicro AOC-SASLP-MV8 card and would be looking at buying a second.

What easily attainable motherboards are compatible in 2019? Essentially I just want to go down to my local retailer and buy an off the shelf in production motherboard and not have to mess about on eBay searching for old hardware.

I don't need an overly powerful system as the most intensive task it does is download from Usenet.

tldr: What in production motherboard can I buy right now that will work with 2 x Supermicro AOC-SASLP-MV8

tldr2: Which of the motherboards in the image attached (my local Australian retailer) will work no zero issues with 2 x Supermicro AOC-SASLP-MV8 in a Norco RPC-4224 case.

mobo.png

2 hours ago, jonathanm said:

Marvell based controllers can be problematic, LSI chipset cards are the current recommendation.

Damn, I guess I have been living in the past. That particular model used to be the recommended one (and I think used in the retail Unraid builds).

I searched for LSI on the hardware compatibility page (probably out of date) and most have stipulations in the 'Links & Notes' section stating they need to be flashed to IT mode or that they also won't work with certain sized drives etc. Is there a preferred OOTB LSI card most people are running these days?

32 minutes ago, jonathanm said:

every 5th post by him is answering that same question.

one more time :)

Any LSI with a SAS2008/2308/3008 chipset in IT mode, e.g., 9201-8i, 9211-8i, 9207-8i, 9300-8i, etc and clones, like the Dell H200/H310 and IBM M1015, these latter ones need to be crossflashed.