HELP PLS - Inode allocation btrees are too corrupted

IT WORKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Up and running with all data accessible

First backup the missing data.

I will upgrade to latest version after.

Disk 1 still disabled but I will pull it out and install the new one I bought 2 weeks ago. I'll try format this later on and see how it goes

image.png.460498884387169486ea8384faaffd88.png

Thanks for help! Without you guys I was lost BIG TIME. 

True community who helps and don't give a fuck!

Thanks guys!

Edited by Nebula
2 minutes ago, Nebula said:

Disk 1 still disabled but I will pull it out and install the new one I bought 2 weeks ago. I'll try format this later

Try to copy the most important data on emulated disk1 first, don't forget parity might still be failing, so you're not completely out of the water, and since you mentioned "format", format is never part of a rebuild.

OK, I'll follow your guide lines.

"and since you mentioned "format", format is never part of a rebuild" - your right about that. 

When data is safe I will update to latest version. 

I'll be back!

Edited by Nebula
  • 1 month later...

Hello again.

I'm back after long traveling with my family.

New disk (DISK 3) is installed and precleared and it took almost 6 hours.

Capture1.PNG.78f2a672929c67395e76d99ccc36f479.PNG 

Now when I set Disk 1 to "no device" and chose new disk it's says DISK 3 missing and can't start up server due to wrong/missing disk
Capture2.PNG.a03e9a31f34b24594a37688da9caf674.PNG

Capture3.thumb.PNG.a075db9e462859b9e935198e0a0a75e0.PNG

But if I go back to settings in first picture above its good to go but then I can't rebuild.

I did som research and maybe I did something wrong installing the new disk. 

Is it because Disk 3 is now a part of the array and there for I cant change it with the dmg Disk1?
Should I have'd set Disk 1 to no device first and then change it with the new disk 3 (before preclear) followed up with preclearing, rebuild?

Edited by Nebula

ofc I understand that but that leads me to my questions above or below:

Is it because Disk 3 is now a part of the array and there for I cant change it with the dmg Disk1?

I guess it is from your answer.

Should I have'd set Disk 1 to no device first and then change it with the new disk 3 (before preclear) followed up with preclearing, rebuild?

https://wiki.unraid.net/Replacing_a_Data_Drive 

1: Stop the array

2: Unassign the old drive if still assigned (to unassign, set it to No Device)

3: Power down

4: [ Optional ] Pull the old drive (you may want to leave it installed for Preclearing or testing)

5: Install the new drive  (from a noob view it does only tell you to install new drive and not it has too be the same disk slot you want to replace before preclear, rebuild)  

And thats why I ended up with one extra added disk to my array instead. Now its pretty clear ofc but I thought I might delete data or something.
If I want to remove disk 3 and start over I follow this ? https://wiki.unraid.net/Shrink_array

or should I just buy a new hard drive. I might need the data storage anyway.

Edited by Nebula

Okay. There is no data/shares on it. It just been added to the array by a mistake obviously and gives some workarounds but I'm gonna learn alot from it all. I guess that's the positive site of it.

I'll try removing the disk using first option: The "Remove Drives Then Rebuild Parity" Method

Okay..  My important data on disk 1 is secured on other drives but I'm gonna buy new drive, I'll need the storage anyway. I will then replace/rebuilding disk 1 the right way this time.

Thanks for help. Will update this thread later next week

Edited by Nebula