Question before purchase

Hello,

i have been debian for years and i would like to pass on a complete system like your unraid product.

I currently have a Hp Dl380 G7 with an 8 Hdd bay. I also use external hdd usb (6 hdd) time to buy me bay network.

So I have two questions for now:

1) Unraid is compatible with the HP DL380 G7 2x Xeon [email protected], 6-Core, 16GB PC3-10600R (4x2), 8xSFF, DVD-RW, P410i / 1G, 2x750W

2) Which license do you advise me?

Thank you in advance for your advice.

I remain at your disposal for any questions you may have to ask me.

Georges Christophe

• Like 1

Still this for your quick response;).

I have another DL380 g5 server that I use for testing..

Do you think that if I take the test version, it will work. My DL380 G7 is in production, and knowing me, I will need several test to get there: D and during time, it is necessary that my server is accessible.

I intend to take the Pro version this is it limited in the number of installation, machine, ...

Sorry for his stupid question ...

2 minutes ago, georgeschris said:

Still this for your quick response;).

I have another DL380 g5 server that I use for testing..

Do you think that if I take the test version, it will work. My DL380 G7 is in production, and knowing me, I will need several test to get there: D and during time, it is necessary that my server is accessible.

I intend to take the Pro version this is it limited in the number of installation, machine, ...

Sorry for his stupid question ...

You need a license for each machine that is running Unraid.    The license is tied to the USB stick that is used to boot Unraid so is easy to transfer between machines but can only be run on one machine at a time.