Issue connecting to SMB after SSD failure

Krobbinsit

7 hours ago, Krobbinsit said:

This thread may help me!

Going to replace flash drive as this guy did later tonight! Fingers crossed!

This worked! used a new usb flash drive and rebuilt docker etc in an hour!!!

Thanks everyone for the help, love this community!

Did that before as a troubleshooting step, no errors.

I redid the new usb to the current build and transfered disk info and config, shares and networking cfg. Had the same issue. 

Second try I downgrade to 6.6.7, which fixed the issue and then starting rebuilding/setup. Then I tried updating and issue never arises again. 

Blowing the configuration up fixes the issue but doesn't pin point the issue. Which sucks but after 2 weeks of hitting the wall, I'll take it! Thanks again! 

29 minutes ago, Krobbinsit said:

Blowing the configuration up fixes the issue but doesn't pin point the issue. Which sucks but after 2 weeks of hitting the wall, I'll take it! Thanks again! 

👍

This is the second time that time (you found another case where this worked) that this issue has been fixed by the same solution.  Basically, starting over from scratch...  The Engineer in me always hates these solutions where we can't find the source of the  problem.  It has to be a corruption in one of the config files. 

Speaking of that.  I seem to recall that you were using smb_extra.conf file.  Could you check that file and see if it has Linux (LF only) end-of-line terminations in it.  If it had Windows style (LF CR) endings that would definitely cause problems!  You would probably have to use a Linux/Unix/Windows-aware editor to see it.  (I use EditPad Lite.)  

9 hours ago, Frank1940 said:

👍

This is the second time that time (you found another case where this worked) that this issue has been fixed by the same solution.  Basically, starting over from scratch...  The Engineer in me always hates these solutions where we can't find the source of the  problem.  It has to be a corruption in one of the config files. 

Speaking of that.  I seem to recall that you were using smb_extra.conf file.  Could you check that file and see if it has Linux (LF only) end-of-line terminations in it.  If it had Windows style (LF CR) endings that would definitely cause problems!  You would probably have to use a Linux/Unix/Windows-aware editor to see it.  (I use EditPad Lite.)  

I'll take a look sometime this week and get back to you. I know that right now there is nothing in smbextras and before there was lines about unassigned drives.

#unassigned_devices_start
#Unassigned devices share includes
   include = /tmp/unassigned.devices/smb-settings.conf
#unassigned_devices_end

I never put this there but I think it might be a setting added with unassigned devices plugin.

Archived