Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
DavidIrwin

Slow startup since upgrade to 6.7

3 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Hi,

Not posted for a while so apologies if I have missed any required information. Since updating my server to version 6.7 I have noticed that it  has been much slower to start up than previous versions. I do not do much at the unRAID level on my server and it is a fairly simple setup; 4x SATA HDD and single SSD as cache drive, all in an HP MicroServer Gen8 with Xeon E3-1220 with 16Gb ECC Ram.

 

When I have watched a reboot I notice that it appeart to wait for a long time on the screen below for haveged to load:1800140783_2019-07-1319_00_41.png.7b810a8762a2378582f8a93ff5dcf1c0.png

 

Is there a reason why this may take an unusually long time to start?

 

Also every time the server starts I have to manually press the Start array button regardless of how the server was shut down meaning none of my dockers start if the server restarts unexpectedly.

 

Any advice or information appreciated.

 

Thank you all.

 

David

Edited by DavidIrwin

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, DavidIrwin said:

Is there a reason why this may take an unusually long time to start?

 

Are we talking seconds? minutes?

 

3 minutes ago, DavidIrwin said:

Also every time the server starts I have to manually press the Start array button regardless of how the server was shut down meaning none of my dockers start if the server restarts unexpectedly.

Settings - Disk Settings - enable autostart

Share this post


Link to post
43 minutes ago, Squid said:
47 minutes ago, DavidIrwin said:

Is there a reason why this may take an unusually long time to start?

 

Are we talking seconds? minutes? 

good point. I think it pauses at that screen for about 2 minutes. not sure how i can tell exactly other than to run a stopwatch whilst watching? Is there a log file I could look at with timestamps?

 

Thanks for the other answer. I had looked but clearly not well enough.

 

David

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this