Can I use an assigned device to download to (like sonarr)

I have a drive formatted in NTFS from an old Windows server. This drive has content on it I delete often so I don't want it on my array.

I shared the drive and added the path to sonarr...I went to download something and midway through downloading the file it stops writing to the drive. The only error I get is...

Couldn't import episode /downloads/complete/sonarr/some-show.720p.HEVC.x265-MeGusta/213e25bcefff45df85372ff0be211490.mkv: Access to the path is denied.

Which I'm very perplexed about because I do not get the same error when the save location is my array

Anyone know what's going on? Can I not use the a mounted drive not on my array for downloads too?

Destination showing read / write access and I can write to the disk on Windows from a smb share.

issue.jpg

Edited by andyd
6 hours ago, andyd said:

I have a drive formatted in NTFS from an old Windows server. This drive has content on it I delete often so I don't want it on my array.

Destination showing read / write access and I can write to the disk on Windows from a smb share.

2 things that come to mind:

• Unassigned Device should be mapped in docker as RW/Slave, not Read / Write. If you install the Fix Common Problem plugin, it will flag all dockers with wrong type for you so you know which one to change.
  • NTFS doesn't work really that well with Linux in general. If you are going to use a drive as a temp drive for Unraid, format it as XFS.