We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×

Egad! CM 590 deactivated at Newegg?

Rajahal

Hopefully there will be a similar replacement from CM.

The options for 9 external 5.25" bays is limited.

or the Antec 300

but I have this one...(got it for $39.99 at the time)

Azza 910

Should note that it is supplied with (1) 4-in-3 cage

You can purchase additional cages from Azza

$4 w/o the fan, $8 w/LED fan plus $10 shipping cost in U.S

I did end up replacing the (noisy) top fan though with a Xigmatek fan. Can never have enough blue lights - right? ;)

If the 590s are in short supply/discontinued...best deal is now at Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0015A2JSA?linkCode=xm2&tag=invihand-20

Dang.  There are so few 9-bay (external 5.25") cases and the 590 was the most subtle design.  My local Microcenter still has a 590 in stock so check your local store if you've got one.  Seems to be a "local pickup only" item because it doesn't show up until you pick a store.

but I have this one...(got it for $39.99 at the time)

Azza 910

I had an Azza Solano 1000R that was very nice, but I sold it to downsize into something smaller.  I haven't found one I liked yet, so my unRAID server is in the nude - no case, just a motherboard on a box with a drive cage and a PSU plugged in!  I was going to work with Queeg to get work on a custom solution, but that Helios might just be perfect as is.  Have you had any other issues other than fan noise (not to get too OT)?

but that Helios might just be perfect as is.  Have you had any other issues other than fan noise (not to get too OT)?

No other issues.  Fit, ease of installation, style and finish was excellent. I am very satisfied even with the bad 140mm top fan. Probably could do a little more in regards to cable management, but not bad.

I'm currently using a Antec 900 (the original version) for my Unraid box (with 3 of the Supermicro 5-in-3 cages, one's empty at the moment tho, lol).  I'm also using one for my main desktop PC/gaming rig, nad it works great (aside from being a huge case, lol).  I also noticed that the Antec cases didn't appear to show up on that search on my system (from the initial post in this thread).

• 2 weeks later...

I can't imagine the 590 no longer being sold. I believe Newegg is either waiting for more to arrive or they are stockpiling in preparation for a big sale since its that time of the year. I've dealt with a lot of cases and the 590 is by far the best one to build in. Only you got to tape off all the extra vents to make use of the filtered bezel. 

I'm glad to hear that newegg will have more of these soon.  Did Coolermaster decide not to discontinue this case?  I thought I remembered someone saying it was no longer available for purchase on the coolermaster website but it seems that it is now.

I thought I read that too.  Maybe too many complaints caused them to re-think the decision to discontinue.

Archived