Why do my shares on 2TB drives show only 40GB free?

Why do my shares on 2TB drives show only 40GB free? One of them, the one at bottom (see attached screen clip) "...tvshows01" shows correct full 6TB size. What is happening with the other shares? Why only 40GB free?

Thanks for any advice. I'm stumped 😕

Capture.thumb.PNG.63aa2788672b4a1905896841616ac0e7.PNG

Follow up: I just ran "Mover" which I thought was going to move files off my cache and onto the disks. Guess I'm wrong there. Now my shares show only 32.6GB free. I'm not sure what's happening.

Edited by Mark Deibert
4 hours ago, Mark Deibert said:

I have cache set to "prefer" on all

Long story short, "prefer" means try to keep the files on cache. Write new files to cache, never move them from cache, if any are on array try to move them to cache.

Study this FAQ:

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/46802-faq-for-unraid-v6/page/2/#comment-537383

Also

11 hours ago, trurl said:

Go to Tools-diagnostics and attach the complete Diagnostics zip file to your next post. 

so we can take a look to see if you have other things wrong with your setup.

Do you understand the difference between cache-prefer and cache-yes now?

Your default shares, those which should be cache-prefer, are. These are appdata, domains, and system. Looks like you have now set all of your other shares to cache-yes, except one. Why is that share still cache-prefer?

Your system share has some files not on cache, and they probably can't be moved to cache because they are likely always in use by the docker service, for example. What do you get from the command line with this:

ls -lah /mnt/disk1/system

I think I had started changing the cache settings, walked away, came back and created the diagnostics.zip. The prefer/yes cache settings are all correct now. New diagnostics.zip is attached.

Running the ls command above, I get...

Capture.PNG.3a9cae212b1b68e5af6b1825dea91edc.PNG

I have Mover running each night at 345am. Here are my shares this morning. They all show 6TB (what I would expect) except top 2.

Capture.thumb.PNG.72b4643647c599025e3faf0bd3959c58.PNG

Thank you SO much guys for sharing your expertise!

tower-diagnostics-20190927-1211.zip

The top two are ones that are normally set to Use Cache = Prefer (or Only) so if all files for that share are only on the cache the free space will reflect what is free on the cache drive.   

The fact that the system share is showing 6TB despite it being set to Prefer means that there are files belonging to that share on the main array as well.