New Install Help - Blinking Cursor on Boot

Hi guys,

Just purchased a new dell inspiron 5676 w/ Ryzen 7 2700. Right out of the box, i'm trying to do a fresh unraid install with the latest stable version, and every time unraid gui goes to boot, it appears to start booting normally, then hangs on a blank screen with a blinking cursor. using a 32gb sandisk. here are the things i've tried so far:

- unraid usb creator w/ and w/o uefi option

- manually install unraid from zip on usb device (and activating the makebootable.bat file)

- changing between usb 3.0 and 2.0 ports on mobo

- booting from usb w/ uefi (when enable during install)

- booting from usb w/ legacy (with uefi disbaled during install)

- tried using an older stable version of unraid

- reformatted usb from a mac and from a windows using fat32 format

- currently running memtest86, everything looks good so far

- virtualization in bios is enabled (i'm a mac guy, but if there are any other options i can try in the simple dell bios i'm all ears)

All of these have landed me back at the exact same place, with a blank screen and blinking cursor. Ran through the forums, not seeing anything else to try pertaining to this issue, and i've just about exhausted my personal technical ability. 

Trying to get this up and running for my office, could really use a hand. Thanks in advance!